Friday, March 16, 2012

Comics on iPad 3

I still think we need a bigger tablet for art-rich books, but doubtlessly the high-res screen of iPad 3 (sic) has made it less urgent, 'cuz you can see more detail.

All of the views below are of about 1/4 of the screen, area-wise, 1/2 length-wise.

iPad 2, photograph:

iPad 3, photograph:
(Click for bigger pics, on all.)

iPad 2, screenshot:

iPad 3, screenshot:
(In the screenshots, the higher resolution translates to size on the computer screen. You'll have to click on them to compare the size.)

One can easily live with the iPad 2's screen, for sure. But equally sure, the screen of the iPad 3 is the future, it's like being there.

4 comments:

Stephen A said...

Excellent, have you tried any cbr/cbz readers or the Dark Horse app? I was going to ask how the Lancoz3 resizer worked on Perfect Viewer but I think that's a Android only app. While huge resolution is great fast bicubic interpolation is crucial.

I see you are a Gail Simone fan. Have you read her runs on Birds of Prey, Secret Six, and Welcome to Tranquility? Also. Do you like Adam Warren's Empowed?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

No, and I hasten to admit I have only just started the Wonder Woman too, only read a few pages. But thanks for the recoms. I have trouble finding comics these days which I really like. (I tried several of the new DC 52 titles.
(By the way, didn't DC have a totally different even called "52" a few years ago?

Stephen A said...

Be sure to do so. You will like just search Gail Simone on Comixology.
Adam Warren's Empowered is on Dark Horse.
(You can use wikipedia to find the beginning of Gail's runs on various stories)
And if you haven't been reading Warren Ellis check out Planetary Esp. #19.
And finally be sure to read Promethia a true tour de force!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thank you.

Promethea was indeed unique. I really liked a lot of what Alan Moore did in mainstream comics, for ABC and Image, I miss him. (His book Voice of the Fire, though, I didn't find readable.)

I liked Planetary. Seminal stuff. I'm not sure if I read the whole run, I moved and my supply became less reliable.