Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hitchcock would have been so pleased

Hitchcock would have been so pleased: Angry Birds are taking over the world.
They are just everywhere now.

I generally don't get games, they bore me. But if I'd have to guess at the world's most popular game, I really doubt Angry Birds would have come up. To me it's as interesting as a game of hammering a nail into a board would be. I don't get it. I simply don't get it.
I have tried  it. It held my interest for about 90 seconds, and that was it.

2 comments:

Timo Lehtinen said...

For years, I sort of waited for the "next Tetris" to enter the market, knowing that there must be some unexplored simple idea that will hook people of all ages. But despite this I am still surprised about the success of this one. It does't look that special to me.

On the other hand, perhaps the games' success comes from ancient history?

Umbra said...

It puzzles me too. It seems there is a disconnect in my brain. I don't think it is cute, i do not think it is clever. It is not even ugly or boring. It seems just a random idea that somehow made it to the top.