I hardly know where to start, it seems almost everything I try to do is awkward or buggy or just doesn't work.
- I bought two movies. They won't play. Two contacts with support have not helped.
- I side-loaded some of my own ripped videos. I had to try three different video apps before I found one which would play not only the sound, but the picture as well. (Good old VLC Player worked, though it's in Beta here).
- I can't find a setting to use the phone as a disk when connected by USB, so I have to use the HTC sync software. It's very buggy and freezes all the time.
- The app started with automatically trying to import all my music, which would have used up virtually all the space. I had to find that setting and turn it off. (Why not ask first?)
- I have installed correct ringtone files in the Ringtones folder. They play fine when I click on them, but the Ringtones Setting can't see them! (Help videos I've seen says it should.) Rebooting didn't help.
- I have tried shortening the ringtone files' names, but now I can't find the folder in the HTC sync app...
And it is typically like that. On all my devices (I have at least 5 Android devices). I don't understand how people can stand it.
I solved the Ringtone deal. I was told that .m4r is the right appendix for ringtones, and my ringtones were indeed like that, so that was hunky-dory.
But then I noticed that for some reason there were already two custom ringtones in the Ringtones folder (the regular ones are of course hidden elsewhere), and those had the extension .ogg for some reason. So I tried to change the extension of mine to that, and that made it work. Geez. If .m4r is standard, why doesn't the HTC One recognize them?