Sunday, January 9, 2011

iPad not "mobile"?

Apparently WhazHisFace, the FaceBook founder, commented that the iPad is not really a mobile device, it's a computer.

There might be something to it. It seems most people, including myself, primarily use the iPad at home. For a wealth of tasks. For me that's overwhelmingly reading, on several different apps. (Zinio, Instapaper, NetNewsWire, Kindle App, web browser...)
I'm not sure what we can learn from this*, but it caught my attention.


----
*A Danish comedian in my childhood had an excellent TV show for children where he would show some far-out video clip, and upon its ending would always say: "... And what can we learn from this? Well..." and he would come up with some even crazier morale for our enlightenment. Very funny. But: I do believe that a datum or event only gets really interesting when we can sort of extrapolate to bigger spheres and try to learn something new, applicable in other areas of our lives too.

No comments: