Sunday, March 4, 2012

Leaked iPad 3 video.

It clearly has a better camera. And it has Siri, good news for those born into English.
Interesting that it's slightly thicker, given Apple's near-anorexic fetish for thinness, there must be a good reason for it. The camera? Power for the high-res display?

[Loud music, you may want to turn volume low.]


If the camera is as good as the one in iPhone 4S (the one in the iPad 2 is abysmal), the iPad 3 might be an interesting camera. Sure, not exactly pocketable in most outfits, but you won't find a bigger or better screen for composing those artsy photos. I've said before that I think that a screen makes for better overview of compositions of photos, and this may make a whole new game of this. Almost like Apple's 30-inch screen surprised me as being a whole 'nuther level of enjoying photos, since it's bigger than most prints people make by far, and it has a much better contrast than even the best paper print.

8 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

Was there an SD slot in there or was that just a figment of my imagination? LOVE that carrying ring/case! COOL! Could be a nice safety feature, should the little bugger try to slip away! :-D

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I doubt they will put in an SD card slot, they make money on the internal memory sizes, and it would complicate it. I think it's a SIM card slot.

I think it oughter have a little lock slot like laptops, so you can lock the iPad to a desk.

TC [Girl] said...

(oh frick do I NOT like this new screen! It's a bear just to "grab" what you wanna copy! :p-/

Yeah...I was thinking re: how proud they are re: their iClouds, as well!

A SIM card for a tablet? I guess I thought those were just for cell phones.

I really like that idea re: locking it; great idea! Not a laughing matter, in many of the big cities! I don't doubt GOBS of people get them stolen right from under them! :-(

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

The 3G model of iPad (with the black plastic along one edge for the antenna to work through) works outside wifi hotspots, but you need a SIM card so you know who to pay for the pleasure.

I got the one without. If I need access without a hotspot, I connect via my iPhone's hotspot. (This just became possible less than a year ago, at least as a standard iPhone 4 feature.)

Timo Lehtinen said...

Rumor has it that it has Senseg's haptic screen on it. If true, that, in a way, is even cooler than what's depicted on this concept video. We'll see.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Damn, that would explain the "and touch" word in their ad. Could be very interesting!

TC [Girl] said...

The 3G model of iPad (with the black plastic along one edge for the antenna to work through) works outside wifi hotspots, but you need a SIM card so you know who to pay for the pleasure.

Oh, duh! Forgot re: the 3G! Of course; makes sense, now. :-)

I got the one without. If I need access without a hotspot, I connect via my iPhone's hotspot. (This just became possible less than a year ago, at least as a standard iPhone 4 feature.)

That's nice! At least you're not having to pay through the nose for 2 data fees, like I had to, to have an aircard AND a [separate] cell phone plan!! :-/ (Which reminds me...)

Timo Lehtinen said...

No haptic interface on "The new iPad" it seems.

The rumor, based on a Senseg rep comment, sounds credible though, and would make sense. So, maybe we'll see it on iPhone 5 then (or "The new iPhone") ...