Friday, October 1, 2010

iPhone 4 vs Dell Streak

I bought the Dell Streak because I thought that if the 3.5 inch screen on the iPhone 4 is so good to read on, the 5-inch one on the Streak must be better.

Turns out it isn't. I have a subtle preference for the iPhone 4. Despite both their screens being very good.
The only thing I can figure is that it must be the high-resolution Retina display on the iPhone. Despite my eyes not being good enough to see any pixels on either of them.
But when I use a loupe, the quality difference is clear. And so I guess that it's right in that grey area where I can't see it consciously, but subconsciously it makes an important difference. Huh, how about that?
So, a light-weight 5-7 inch reader with a high-contrast, high-resolution display would be heaven.

No comments: