Monday, October 1, 2012

Fresh reviews of Kindle Paperwhite



And here is Wired's KP review.

Sun-Times KP review.

Gizmodo KP review.

Engadget KP review.

The Verge KP review.
The Kindle Paperwhite is the successor to a long line of innovative and daring products that seek to move book reading into the new century — and it's a terrific product. I was truly delighted while using the device, and for a moment at least, actually envisioned a future where something like the Paperwhite was the only way that I read books. That was a weird moment. 

I felt that way after I'd been using the iPad for a couple of months. Which surprised me, I had just hoped ereading could become "as good as" paper, not better.
You'd think that something like paperbooks, something that's been one of the most important things in my life since I was seven, would be slow to let go of, but it just slipped to the side like a hotdog wrapper out of a car window. (Which I don't do, thank you very much!) Here was the same in a better form.

No comments: