Sunday, November 4, 2012

Please enable text-to-speech

An Open Letter To Hachette Digital publishers


Dear Hachette Digital, 

I recently bought over a dozen Iain Banks books all at once, in Kindle format. (They are all books I have already bought once and have on my book shelves.) 

I am looking forward to re-reading them all. 
But to my big disappointment, these books have Kindle's text-to-speech disabled. 

I much prefer real audiobooks (so please hurry with Iain (M) Banks audiobooks also), but when I can't get these, text-to-speech is a big blessing for me, allowing me to read much more without undue stress to my eyes, which already are strained by screen work 24/7.

So please, won't you change the text-to-speech setting on Iain Banks Kindle books to Enabled? I'd be thankful indeed. 

Yours, Eolake Stobblehouse

3 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

Excellent! I hope that you get a positive response! Looking forward to hearing the outcome of this! :-D

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I'm not all that hopeful of a specific result. This is one of those things I do on principle, hoping to be part of a wave which will change awareness at some point. If they never hear any protests, they are not likely to become aware of a problem.

TC [Girl] said...

Yes. Good point.