Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Voice Reader Web

Voice Reader Web is an iPhone/iPad app which is a simple web browser, able to show articles cut down to text only, and to read the articles aloud. I think this is an excellent idea, especially for the iPhone, which can now read articles/stories to you while you're vertical and mobile. I've only just started using it, but so far it goes well, modern text-to-speech technology is very useful, by which I mean that the reading is quite pleasant and understandable.

2 comments:

Janet Tokerud said...

I think I'll try this app for iPhone. I see there are lots of voices to buy. Have your tried any that you recommend? I like your blog. Discovered you from your interview on Kindle Chronicles! You think along the lines I do in many cases. My blog is called Independent Knowledge Professional by the way. Reading several of your posts going backwards chronologically from the top. You have me curious about the upcoming 5" Samsung tablet. So far I'm pretty conservative with Kindle 3, iPad 2 and iPhone 4. Look forward to your continued blogging!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Hi Janet,
Welcome.

Those three gadgets are surely amongst the best, and my favorites.

I think the female English voice is the best. Also the default, but I bought it, so it can read offline, and get beyond the 4,000-character limit.

Your blog seems promising, I've added it to my feeds.

Yes, the Samsung Note is very promising. Unless Apple presents something similar, I'll be hard pressed not to get it. (Surely not be cheap though.)