Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Squeeze for text size

I'm always trying new devices and apps, and I'm right now reading web feeds (RSS) on my Samsung Galaxy Tab (7-inch Android tablet), using an app called Google Reader, which I hadn't tried before. I could not find anywhere to change text size, which irritated me. On a hunch, I tried the two finger squeeze/spread on the text and lo: the text size changed steplessly, re-flowing and everything! Excellent.

I've seen this only once or twice before on either iPad or Android, and I wonder why, it's such an obvious way of handling text size. Compare it with the Kindle app for iPad for example, where you have to tab a few times to change text size, and there is only a handful of sizes to choose between, I can never find the right one for me.

1 comment:

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"...the two finger squeeze/spread on the text and lo: the text size changed steplessly, re-flowing and everything! Excellent."

I know; isn't that a loverly feature?! :-D I have same on my Samsung Intercept phone.

"...it's such an obvious way of handling text size.

...only a handful of sizes to choose between, I can never find the right one for me."

IKWYM and completely agree!! "If it's already being done, guys, what the heck is the problem in incorporating this technology in ALL devices?! It's not like [they] need to re-invent the wheel to add this feature!" :-(